13th June 2016
3 Useful Steps To Create Gmail Ads in Adwords – Saga Biz Solutions
Email is the most effective way to reach your target audience and Google has been beta testing emails since 2013. Google recently announced that Gmail native ads are now integrated into AdWords and made available to all advertisers. Previously in beta, Gmail ads were highlighted text ads along with a logo that appear on the Promotions tab.
How Gmail ads can appear
Gmail ads first appear in a collapsed state at the top of Gmail Promotions tab and your targeted consumers will see a regular email and for these types of ads in Gmail Promotions tabs. These ads look and feel is the same as the e-mails. When the consumer clicks on your collapsed ad it develops into a full email-sized canvas, and these types of ads, you pay only for clicks on the ad collapsed (customizable for advertisers with many models Google ads). It is a custom HTML format, allowing you to create a richer ad experience by including videos, phone numbers, forms and multiple links. Each ad also has a “Save in the inbox” link ,that enables the user to treat it like regular email with forwarding options. The viewer can interact with the images and the text of your ad.
People that expand your ad can choose to save it to their inbox by clicking on the star icon, or by clicking the Save button at the bottom of the message. People can also send your expanded ad to someone else as an email message. . The Gmail ads you create may look differently based on whether they appear in the Gmail mobile app, or in Gmail on a desktop computer. AdWords Optimizes ads to help make sure they look great wherever they are presented, so that the size of your ad could be adjusted to adapt to the mobile Gmail format. The layout of your ad, however, remain the same.
Gmail ads in Adwords benefits
Advertiser pays only when someone clicks on the ad, so the cost per click is much lower than other display ads.
Many advertisers are still unaware or are not using this option by Adwords so weak competition.
Apart from general targeting options, here advertiser can target email domains specifically.
There are 1 billion monthly active Gmail users who regularly check their emails several times a day.
Advertiser can measure reach, opening rate, click through rate (CTR), saves, forward and more, all at the standard AdWords cost per click price.
Follow the below step by step guide to configure Gmail ads in AdWords :
Step 1 – Adwords campaign set up
- Select campaign settings :
- Log in to your AdWords account.
- Select the campaigns.
- Click + Campaignand choose Display Network only.
- Choose a name for your campaign, and select the “No marketing objectives” radio button.
- Choose Display Network only – All features.
- Enter your location and language targeting, , bid strategy and per day budget.
- You can also select other advanced options;
- Delivery Method – Standard : Show ads evenly over time or Accelerated : Show ads as quickly as possible.
- Ad extensions.
- Ad delivery.
- Campaign URL options.
- dynamic ad settings.
- Location options.
- Click Save and continue.
- Create an ad group.
- Add a name for your ad group, and a Max CPM bid.
- Under “Choose how to target your ads,” click Use a different targeting method. In the dropdown menu, select Placements.
- In the search box, type “mail.google.com” to get a list. Add “mail.google.com” in the list that fills by clicking the double arrows >> next to “mail.google.com”.
- Click Save and continue.
- Now, skip ad creation step.
- Click the tab in the Ad Campaign page.
- On the ad group, click + Ad and select “Ad gallery” drop-down menu.
Step 2 – Design Ad’s creative units
- Inside Ad Gallery , select Gmail ads.
- You will have four ad formats following options.
- For objective Gmail brand image is used as a large banner linking out to a landing page.
- One product includes an image and a CTA button that takes the user to a landing page.
- To view multiple products and each product is linked to a more detailed landing page using Gmail for several products.
- To integrate HTML form, YouTube videos and / or click to call the customized use HTML Upload. This requires some coding knowledge.
- To begin with the use of an option and when the advertiser is comfortable mixing formats. After selecting an ad format advertiser must fill in the ad name, the display URL, URL landing page, the advertiser name, email subject line and offer description. Also, upload the company logo and the main image with call to action.
- Click Save or Save and Preview.
- If you set the target correctly, you can expect a good user engagement. This happens these ads do not take the user out of their inbox.
Step 3 – Measuring Gmail ads results
Find your free clicks data:
- Log in to your AdWords account.
- Click campaigns If you want to see data for a specific campaign or ad group, click its name in the panel on the side of the page.
- Click Dimensions
- Click the View menu in the toolbar.
- Select free clicks.
- Your statistics table will contain columns and metrics displayed in the table for free clicks, impressions, and free click type and rate.
- Click the Edit Columns in the toolbar above the statistics table and select Gmail settings under “Select metrics.” When you are finished, click Save.
- Once your statistics table looks the way you want, you can download the data in a report. Just click on the download button
Below are some more click Gmail types of ads that can appear in the “Free clicks” report:
submission of the form: The number of times a user has submitted a form included in the AD.
- View Video: The number of times someone looks at the videos in the ads.
- Click to Call: The number of times someone clicked ad to initiate a call to your business.
This entry was posted in SEO(Search Engine Optimization), SMO(Social Media optimization) and tagged in online marketing, Professional SEO services, Search Engine Optimization Services, SEO Company In Hyderabad.